RHYMES WITH TRUCK

Sunday, December 5, 2010

2010: Summary of the Year.

____ Eleven months work and despatched for over 126,000 miles, means an average of over 10,000 per month for the calender year and that is all BFS ask: so the rest of the year is a holiday. 204535 kilometres added to C596 since January and I'm sadly resigned to loosing the Kenworth while I'm away. Over three years together and the truck has never let me down. In 2010, we had no breakdowns, blowouts or bumps; lost a few days to the weather but kept rolling through out the year. An average trip length of 6015 kilometres; I didn't do a trip to the Maritimes, Texas or California but otherwise had a varied workload.
____ Low point was getting a fine for an axle overload but $510 works out at $2.50 a week for the four and a half years I've been in Canada; not too bad. Let's hope the next fine is 4 1/2 years away. Highlight of the year was the trip to Cathederal Grove on Vancouver Island; the massive Douglas firs and the young lady in her graduation gown hugging the Big Tree.
____ I'm off to New Zealand for three months of cycle touring and to get fit. It's a long-held ambition of mine with cycle touring being my adventure holiday of choice since 1998.


Top of the sleeper is about 10 foot high : The trees are..................very tall!


No comments:

Post a Comment